Welcome to Herndon Centennial Golf Course!
Golf Course AERATION September 9 & 10
The club house restrooms and Egg Karne Café are open. The pro shop is closed until further notice.
HERNDON CENTENNIAL COVID-19 FAQ’s
At Herndon Centennial, the health and safety of the community, guests and staff is our top priority. We take the current public health situation surrounding the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) very seriously. We are following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and observing all directives issued by local, state and federal public health authorities. At the present time, Herndon Centennial is open, with significant changes to operations. The pro shop is closed, but restrooms and Egg Karne are open.
To protect the health and safety of our staff and guests, we are following Social Distancing Standards recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. Please do your part to follow these standards and if you are sick or have symptoms do not come to the golf course.
In addition to social distancing, our facility is increasing sanitation practices including, but not limited to, wiping down range buckets, pull carts, counters, credit card keypads, door handles and other common touch points on site. The sanitation measures are for our guest’s protection as well as the protection of the staff.
HOW CAN I BOOK A TEE TIME?
To limit interaction between customers and staff, tee time bookings and payments may be done online at https://www.herndongolf.com/ then click on the Tee Times tab. Rates have been simplified to allow for online booking and must be prepaid. No discounts, rain checks or gift certificates can be applied. You will be required to register for a GolfNow account to make a reservation. Cancellations must be done through either the customers GolfNow account or by calling GolfNow at 1-800-767-3574. Seniors over the age of sixty or Town of Herndon residents may call the golf shop (703-471-5769) to arrange reservations. Payment for the entire group must be made at that time. Annual pass holders must call the golf shop to schedule tee times.
CAN I WALK ON WITHOUT A TEE TIME?
Golfers must call the golf shop before coming to the course to check availability and arrange payment.
CAN I PLAY BY MYSELF?
Online reservations will not be taken for singles. Single players should call the golf shop to check availability and likely will be placed with a group.
ARE YOU ALLOWING POWER CARTS?
Although walking is highly encouraged to promote social distancing, riding carts are allowed. Single rider carts are available, but not required. If individuals are comfortable sharing a cart with another it is allowed. Due to a limited number of carts available delays may be experienced when play is at a high volume. Staff may rearrange tee times to allow walking groups to tee off if other groups choose to wait for golf carts.
WHAT FORM OF PAYMENT ARE YOU ACCEPTING?
At this time only credit cards will be accepted for payment.
IS THE DRIVING RANGE OR PRACTICE GREEN OPEN?
- The driving range is open for use. Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines when using the practice range. The use of the range may be limited or temporarily closed if the area becomes too crowded or the supply of range balls is depleted. It is recommended that customers call to check the status of the range each day. Only balls purchased through the golf course may be hit on the range. Touch points and range equipment will be routinely sanitized.
- The practice putting green is open. There are no holes and capacity is limited to a maximum of five players practicing social distancing at any time.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT WHEN CHECKING IN AT THE PRO SHOP?
Currently the clubhouse/golf shop is closed to customers. Customers should not arrive more than 15 minutes before their scheduled tee time, but early enough to check in with the starter and get to the first tee on time.
- There is a window at the golf shop with a credit card reader located outside to process range ball and golf cart transactions. If waiting, please follow social distance markings to access the window.
- Restrooms will be available in the clubhouse and near the fourth tee and will be routinely sanitized during the day.
- You will be greeted outside by the starter, who will direct you to where you can wait your turn to approach the first tee.
- Scorecards and pencils are available on the 1st and 10th tee.
WHAT WILL BE DIFFERENT ON THE GOLF COURSE?
- Cups on the greens are turned upside down so that the ball is easier to retrieve.
- Flag sticks will be in use but should not be touched/removed at any time.
- Rakes have been removed from bunkers. Effort should be made to smooth sand with foot or club.
- Ball washers and some benches have been removed.
- Another player’s equipment should not be handled.
- Social distancing must be practiced on the golf course.
IS THERE WATER ON THE COURSE OR A BEVERAGE CART AVAILABLE?
- No water coolers will be available and water fountains have been turned off.
- The beverage cart will be available. Please check with Egg Karne for operation times.
IS THE CAFE OPEN?
Food service is available. The seating capacity is limited inside.
CAN I BRING MY OWN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES?
No, outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted in accordance with Virginia ABC laws.
Welcome to Herndon Centennial Golf Course, where quality and value combine to create a great golf experience. Whether enjoying a round, hosting an outing, taking advantage of our practice facilities; come experience one of the premier public golf courses in the Northern Virginia area.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Herndon Centennial Golf Course, a “must play” for local, regional and national golf enthusiasts.
Save money and purchase an Annual Pass this season. 5 and 7 day passes are available and are valid one year from the date of purchase.
The Course: The 18 hole, par 71 layout features well bunkered undulating greens, gently rolling fairways, meandering creeks and several water hazards. Closest golf course to the Dulles International Airport and an easy drive from downtown Washington D.C. Herndon Centennial has received numerous recognitions to include:
- Four-time host of USGA Public Links Sectional Qualifiers
- Golf Digest’s “Places to Play” for 18 consecutive years
- “Best Area Courses for Women” by Pros n Hackers Magazine
- Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary
Herndon Centennial Golf Course is located at:
909 Ferndale Avenue
Herndon, VA 20170
From the east:
Take the Dulles Toll Road (Route 267) to Exit 10 (Herndon / Chantilly), At the bottom of the exit ramp turn right, Go one mile and turn left on Ferndale Avenue, the course is entrance is two blocks down on the left
From Route 28:
Exit on to Route 606 towards Herndon, drive 2.1 miles and turn left on Elden Street, take the first left (only about 200 feet) on to Ferndale Avenue, the course entrance is two blocks down on the left.
Herndon Centennial offers a fully stocked golf shop featuring equipment, clothing and accessories. Items include:
- Titleist and Pinnacle golf balls
- Gloves – Titleist and Foot Joy brands for both men and women and Nike brand for junior sizes
- Outerwear – Foot Joy outerwear, rain gear and shoes are available in a range of colors, styles and sizes
- Logo shirts
Special orders can be made for other merchandise not currently in stock.
Club re-gripping service as well as USGA handicap service is available through the golf shop.
For working on the next improvement in your golf swing or just warming up before your next round, HCGC provides a full-featured driving range including:
- 14 hitting stations open from day-light to dark
- Large grass tee complex (open at varied times)
- Elliptical tee line allowing practice from different angles
- Short, mid and long targets to help dial in distance control
- Top quality mats and balls
- Loaner clubs upon request
If you really want to lower your scores, you need to sharpen your short game skills through practice… and our short game complex is the perfect place to do it. HCGC features a complete short game practice area that provides you with a great opportunity to improve your scoring by shaving critical strokes off your game. Short game area features:
- 11,000 square foot bent grass putting green
- Chipping area with target pins
- Varied lies to master all shots
- Practice bunker for pitch & sand shots
|Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.